Archive & Categories
Posted by Alvaro
Did you and your students enjoy Compañeros de clase? If you did, you’ll be glad to know there’s a second –and last- part of that video: Cansado pero contento. And if you haven’t watched it yet, you can still use Cansado pero contento in your classes because there’s a summary at the beginning of the video explaining everything your students need to know about Victor’s class.
These are the objectives of this unit:
- Grammar: verb estar, and basic differences between ser and estar.
- Vocabulary: Classroom objetcs (borrador, carpeta, mesa, papelera, pizarra, puerta, sacapuntas, silla, ventana…) and basic feelings such as cansado, contento, feliz, enfadado, enojado, preocupado, nervioso and triste.
- Communication skills: basic classroom expressions (abran el libro en la página…, ¿cómo se dice…?, más despacio, mira la pizarra, ¿puedes repetir?, ¿puedo ir al baño?, siéntate, un momento…)
The activities included in the package will help your students get the most from this fun 5-minute video, which includes optional subtitles in Spanish.
Posted by Alvaro under: News
It’s always been our goal since we started Bablingua in 2007 to offer authentic and meaningful audiovisual resources to Spanish language teachers at an affordable price. The new yearly subscription is a huge step forward in that direction. Teachers and students of the same school can access all our videos and activities (see our catalog here) for just $100 per school and year:
- How does it work? We’ll build a website just for your school (a $25 one-time payment), customized with the photo, colors and welcoming text of your choice. That website will contain all our videos, listed alphabetically and with a search engine to help you find the videos easily. New videos will be automatically added to the site, and you’ll be notified through our monthly newsletter. You can see an example at http://tuescuela.bablingua.com.
- How to apply You can use the contact form of this page to ask us any questions you may have or to apply for your own website. You just need us to let us know the name of your choice, which we’ll lead to an address such as tuescuela.bablingua.com, and we’ll have it ready in about two days. We’ll then contact you to give you the simple guidelines to customize the site, and we’ll send you the invoice (you can make the payment with any credit card, check or wire transfer, and we accept purchase orders.)
Teachers can use that website to play the videos in their classes, but it can also be accessed by students in their own devices –it’s fully compatible with tablets, smartphones and all computers. - This means that students will be able to watch the videos at their own pace, in the class, computer lab or at their homes.
Teachers will also get a link to download all the files (activities, audio files, PowerPoint presentations, etc.) that accompany the videos. Since they’re small files, downloads are extremely quick.
If you’ve made any purchases at bablingua.com we’ll discount that amount from the first year’s annual fee. And more good news: the remaining months of the current school year are free!!
Opening your class to the Hispanic world has never been easier and more affordable. Apply now and spice up your classes with more than 70 exciting videos, integrated in your own website.
Posted by Alvaro
Your students will love Victor’s afterschool English class: his four classmates are friendly and fun, but his teacher, Mariel, is really old-school and super strict. In Compañeros de clase your students will take a look at Victor’s academy to learn how to describe a classroom, and to review how to describe people.
This video and its activities follow these objectives:
- Grammar: hay, muchos/as, un / una and plural nouns.
- Vocabulary: Classroom objetcs.
- Communication skills: how to describe a classroom.
The activities included in the package will get your students ready so they don’t miss any details of this exciting 4-minute video, which includes optional subtitles in Spanish.
Posted by Alvaro under: News
We’re getting ready for our ninth school year with Bablingua and we’d like more teachers to have access to all of our online resources. We’re offering schools and counties a special account for their Spanish teachers: unlimited access to all the icebreakers, cultural corner videos, smart lesson plans, vocabulary cards, games and ebooks published in this website at a low price, a one-time payment of $500 per school (check our how to order section for more details.)
If your school or county is interested in this offer, just contact us. We’ll create an account for each school with access to the whole site. And if you need more reasons to open a school account, have a look at our Campus: online access to all our videos for students and teachers, which means they’ll be able to watch them everywhere: tablets, cellphones, computer labs, home… Open a school account now and get free access to the Campus until August 2017!
We encourage school districts, teachers and schools to email us to open their doors to the Hispanic world.
We publish new materials every month so you have a wide variety of up-to-date videos to choose from. These are our resources so far (contact us if you’d like to receive a copy):
- 60 Icebreakers for different levels, which cover the most important grammar and vocabulary topics. We’re currently working in adding optional Spanish subtitles to all of them, check our progress here.
- 11 videos and activities from our Cultural Corner so your students are exposed to the different Hispanic accents and cultures
- 4 Smart Lesson Plans with all you need to offer a different class based on new technologies and active involvement from your students.
- 4 sets of Vocabulary Cards that will help your students remember and practice vocabulary previously taught.
- 2 ebooks: “Hablan2”, designed to encourage speaking from the first day and “Escucha: hay un ladrón en mi clase”, to boost your student’s listening and reading skills.
- 2 Games easy to use in your classes.
- A 4-episode story and a documentary about the flea market of “El Rastro”. De Compras en el Rastro is our longest production so far, and it includes a Teacher and a Student’s booklet that will help your students to get the most of the videos.